Grants to Colorado nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and public entities for projects and programs to benefit veterans and their families in eligible locations. Funding is intended to support operational expenses as well as specific programs or projects, with priority given to projects and organizations that demonstrate strong veteran involvement and engagement in the planning and implementation of the proposed activities. Grants are exclusively for activities in Boulder County and/or for the benefit of Boulder County residents.
The Veterans Fund mission is to:
Support the strengths and meet the needs of veterans, transitioning servicemembers, and their families in Boulder County.
Build community around and among veterans.
Foster education about veterans' issues and dialogue between veterans and the community.
Provide a source of support for organizations serving the veteran community.
- Any nonprofit organization with an IRS 501(c)(3), public charities (not private operating or non-operating foundations), or any governmental or public entity can apply. Groups or organizations that do not have IRS 501(c)(3) designation may do so with a fiscal sponsor.
- Grantees must use grant proceeds only for the stated purpose of the grant or for charitable and educational activities consistent with the organization’s tax-exempt status.
- Grants are exclusively for activities or projects in Boulder County and/or for the benefit of Boulder County residents.
Community Foundation Boulder County does not make grants to organizations where grant money from their discretionary or field of interest funds would be used to further a particular religious doctrine.
- 8/18/2023: Request for proposals release
- 9/18/2023: Proposals due at 5:00pm
- Late November: Grant announcements
Organizations are invited to apply once to each fund (BRAVO Fund, Open Door Fund, or Veterans Fund) through a centralized application.
Organizations may apply to more than one Equity Fund (for example, BRAVO Fund AND Veterans Fund). Note: A separate application must be submitted for each request.